Thursday, February 11, 2016

Jesus Is The Way


Note from Author
In celebration of Chinese New Year for this year, I believe the Lord wanted me to share some of beliefs that non Christian Chinese people believe in and what the Bible says. I am not doing this to insult and offend anyone who has these beliefs but rather share the truth and Good News to them.

Introduction
In China and Hong Kong, there is no official religion however some of the Chinese people who live in Hong Kong and to a smaller degree the people in China profess to practice a religion that was brought over by the various people that settled there and/or came over as a missionary.

Some of the religions practiced by the local people include: Country folk religion, Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Christianity which includes: Catholicism, Baptist, Protestant.

Bowing Down
One of the most popular practices that Buddhist believers practice is the act of bowing down particularly to either an image of Buddha or to a statue of him. Some Chinese people also place food sacrifices and burn paper money as an offering too while bowing.

I am including a few more gods who are commonly bowed to and prayed to:

Guanyin (who is considered to an East Asian spiritual goddess of mercy, and a bodhisattva associated with compassion and her name is translated to mean "perceiving the sounds or cries of the world.")

Caishen (who is considered the Chinese god of prosperity worshipped in the Chinese folk religion and Taoism. He is very common amongst those who have a business or want to start one.)

Yuhuang Dadi (who is considered the highest deity ruling the all the gods from the Buddhist and Taoist religions.)

What Does The Bible Say?
 Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

The Bible makes it very clear that His children shall not have no other gods before Him. He isn't just referring to any god from religion, it can also mean an object that is hindering His children from fully appreciating and worshiping Him instead because He is a jealous but holy God who loves us and paid the price by dying on the cross for the sins we committed.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The Father God is telling you and I that there is no other name under Heaven who can Save us and provide you with full assurance that you know for sure where you will go when you die and if you believe in Him and His Son who came on earth in human form to do the Will that His Father commanded him to do. Isn't that a wonderful promise? Does it make your heart feel at peace and you can rest assured knowing that He has a home for you with Him.

John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Here is yet another verse in the Bible that shows the reader and/or believer that Jesus is showing that there is only one way, one truth and one life that can lead you to be with His Father and that is by him. In my humble opinion, this is one of the most direct verses that the Bible has showed to me that there is only one way to go to Heaven. It's not based by my good works or praying/bowing down to another god, or by acting a particular way. I think it's one of the sweetest promises.

Conclusion
There are many religions in the world and therefore are many gods or goddesses out there. Please let me ask you this, do you know and have any doubt about what will happen when you or a loved one is gone from this earth? Do you want to know and have the assurance of knowing? 

Please consider opening up your heart and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal saviour today my friend. He has showed me in the Bible with the aid of my friend who witnessed to me and now I feel at peace knowing about Him and the price He paid for my sins. I also know where I will end up when my time on earth is up and I hope that you'll want to know too. 

No comments :

Post a Comment